Friday, November 8, 2013

Doctor Who is Ruining my Life

Well, just my November, so far. Let me explain.

Canadian Netflix just recently added the 2005-2012 Doctor Who series, and so I've been watching them all for the first time (yes, I'm behind the times. shush). However, I love the Doctor's world (and of course, the Doctor himself) so much, that I can't even stand to enter the world of my own creation (that would be my novel) for a while and get any writing done. To catch up to my NaNo requirements, I'd have to write 3334 words today, and let me tell you.... I don't think it's going to happen. I haven't written a single word, because I don't want to write a single word! If I were to explode into a rant, it would be this;

I JUST WANT TO TRAVEL TIME AND SPACE WITH THE DOCTOR AND BE HIS (FAVORITE) COMPANION AND NEVER LEAVE HIM AND NEVER GROW OLD OR DIE SO HE WON'T BE SO HEARBREAKINGLY LONELY ANYMORE!!! REGULAR LIFE IS JUST BORING WHY DON'T THE TARDIS AND THE DOCTOR ACTUALLY EXIST AND WHY AREN'T I IMMORTAL SO I CAN BE WITH HIM FOREVER AND EVER. 

*iinnhhaallee* *eexxhhaallee* Well, I think I just about summed up the feelings of every Whovian ever. Now that I have that off my chest, hopefully I'll be able to get SOME writing done. 

Also, David Tennant is beautiful. That is all. Thank you.




Bonus mini-rant!
This picture always makes me think; the Doctor has seen and knows so much, and is sometimes, kinda, a rude know-it-all. A little like Sherlock Holmes. Just a bit. So I always feel as though he'd make fun of whatever it is I'm trying to write, putting down my hard work. Not that he's mean, necessarily, just that he wouldn't think it was something important that I had to do. Why would he tell me to write when there are planets to save?

Look at me, insecure over a (sadly) fictional character. X)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...