Tuesday, April 9, 2013

True or False?

This is an informative post for cat lovers.

So, I was poking around online, looking at lists of different cat breeds that were considered hypoallergenic, and I noticed something: Not one of those lists contained the Ragdoll breed. 

This puzzled me, so I decided to look it up specifically; "Are Ragdoll cats hypoallergenic?" The answer I consistently came up with was "No." 

I find this to be completely wrong.

My mom and my brother are both allergic to cats. We bought a Ragdoll cat specifically for it's hypoallergenic quality. And guess what? THEY. ARE. FINE. Seriously. They can pick him up, rub their faces in his long fur, and have no reaction whatsoever. 

However, I suppose I can see where the assumption that they're not hypoallergenic came from. My mom (not my brother, just my mom) had a very slight reaction to Sherlock (the cat) for about a week, but for the past three years, has had no symptoms of allergies at all.

So, for those of you who might be wondering about getting a cat that won't bother your allergies, the Ragdoll is acceptable. 


These are not my cats, btw.

That's all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...