Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas! Sims! The Jar! And you.

  Well! We've just been really successful at updating this blog, haven't we? Ha, ha, that was sarcasm.

*ahem* To remedy our neglect, at least for the moment, I thought I'd ramble on about my Christmas break. How does that sound?

  OK. So, Christmas. It was epic. Dad's always so generous. :) Fave gift of the year has to be either The Sims 3 (yes, I'm a little behind the times, SO WHAT?), or Hawaii Five-0 Season 6. And yes, that would be the OLD show, from like '68 - 80, not the new one. Always need to reiterate that. :P

  The rest of my holiday was pretty relaxed. There was a birthday-sleepover, Saturday to Monday of the New Years weekend, complete with chick flicks, pedicures, and talking until 4 in the morning. There was also a regular sleepover in there--just this past Friday to Saturday, actually--for me and Dessy, whereinwhich we played The Sims almost constantly. Though we did break for cookies. ;)

  Aaaaaand what else happened? I'll tell you what happened. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! It was great. X) Ya gotta love a laid-back, relaxing stay-cation. :)

  Ooh, and now a note on the New Year. Instead of making pointless resolutions you don't intend to keep, and then hating yourself for it at the end of the year, why don't you follow the lead of me, some of my friends, and other genius people?



  Do you know what this is? Yes, it's a jar. With paper inside it. Some call it the Jar of Good Things. I shall explain:

  Instead of (or, I suppose, in addition to) making a resolution this year, get a nice glass jar such as you see here, and some colored paper (or white paper and colored markers). Every time something good or exciting or noteworthy happens this year, write it down on some pretty paper and put it in the jar. That way, next New Year's Eve, you'll have a beautiful jar filled with happy memories, with which you can look back on the old year.

  It's a good idea, isn't it? I thought so. That's not my jar up there, by the way. My jar only has like, two pieces of paper in it. ;) 

So! If you think that's a nifty idea, why not try it? All you need is a jar, some paper, something to write with, and a social life. ;) Also, leave a comment and tell us what your favorite Christmas gift was this year, either to give or get! Or have you done that Jar of Good Things before? Was that what you called it? What was it like opening it again after a year? Epic? Disappointing? Exciting? TELL ME!! *cough* Er, please.

3 comments:

  1. Good idea with the jar! I'll totally do that! We should then have a 2013 New Years Eve party and read some of them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good idea and I have read that a few people are doing it. I would probably forget half way through hahaha

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I may very well forget, too...But we shall try! ;D

      Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...