Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My Thanksgiving Fail...

As you may or may not know, we at SHHB are Canadian, so we had our Thanksgiving this past weekend. Pinterest got me feeling all inspired, so I got crafty with food. It wasn't pretty.

Here's what the project was supposed to look like:

(Sans Asian kid)

Cute right? Well this is how my turned out:

   
Originally, it had legs, but they broke because they couldn't support the fat body, so I had to use a fork in the side. In my grandfather's words: "Someone's trying to eat your turkey already!"
 See below:
Needless to say, my family had quite the hoot over my rat-turkey. I believe the term sewer rat-with-a-tail-split-into-five-parts came up. And when the other skewers had been eaten, the turkey's dream to be a rat was fulfilled:



Maybe next time I'll actually look at the picture while I'm making it. Who am I kidding? There isn't going to be a next time for this project; I think a rat-turkey is only funny the first time around.


1 comment:

  1. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I laugh. X) so THIS is the turkey you told me about! XD well, chin up. It's better than most people could do. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...