Friday, August 10, 2012

My Decorating Obsessions and A Random Quote: Part 2

A post that is not about and does not feature pictures of cats by Sunny Smith.

I had this jewelry box laying around that I got when I was really young from...a relative, and I though that it was really ugly -well that's not quite the right word, maybe too sickeningly cheery? I don't know. Anyways, I wanted to use it, but I didn't want to look at the pattern on it so I got my creative juices following and transformed it from this:
This wasn't the exact box (it's pretty close though), because I had to find a picture online. It didn't occur to me to take a before picture at the time.

To this:
I just ripped up an old newspaper and used white glue to cover the whole thing. I was going to use matte medium, but I didn't have enough left. The glue worked out pretty good though. It's not a masterpiece, but it looks a lot better then ponies and sunshine.

And now for your quote:

3 comments:

  1. LOL!! Well soooo-rry!!! XD bahaha

    love the box! and the quote. X) LOOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahahaha, I couldn't resist! There's only so many cat pictures I can stomach:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha! ya, it was a lot. :P I just had a ton saved up from...........whenever. X)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...