Thursday, May 10, 2012

Soap

Normally, I don't like to make two blog posts in a row, at least, not without waiting a long time first to see if anyone else will post. But like I mentioned yesterday, I have a big list of blogging ideas, and I don't want to have to wait to use them! :D

Let's see, which one will I choose. . . .?

Hmm. . . . Aha! :D found it!

Ok, my blog topic of choice is an old tv show (from '77-'80, I believe. there were 4 seasons.) that I watched recently, called Soap. No, not as in the hygiene product. Soap as in soap opera. And it most certainly is that. As with all soap operas, most storylines and jokes etc revolve around sketchy things. But it's definitely not NEAR as bad as most shows out there. It's mostly meant to be a comedy, and I find it to be so. I mean, I hardly even crack a smile for most funny things I watch, unless I'm super-duper hyper at the time, but for this, I laugh out loud! Ok, maybe not a full laugh. A chuckle. I chuckle out loud! But that's just the way I am. X)



Anyway, Soap is all about these two families, the Campbells and the Tates. Mary Campbell and Jessica Tate are sisters. As the narrator says;

"This is the story of two sisters: Jessica Tate and Mary Campbell. Jessica loves life! The only thing about life she would change if she could, is that she would set it all to music. The Tates live in a neighborhood called, 'rich'! But they have more secrets than they do money. *switch scenes* We are approaching the Campbells' house. Mary Campbell also loves life! The only problem is, life doesn't seem too crazy about her! The Campbells' don't have as much money as the Tates, but they have just as many secrets."

Or something like that. I can't remember exactly. ANYHOW! The characters are. . . something else. Take a look for yourselves. . . .

The Tates:
Jessica - An utter airhead, with a skewed sense of logic and reasoning, yet very nice.
Chester - Married to Jessica. A shameless liar and cheat if there ever was one. Incredibly annoying.
Benson - The Tates' manservant. Snarky and sarcastic, does whatever he wants. My fave character. <3 X)



Corrine - Daughter to Chester & Jessica. Sleeps with every guy around.
Eunice - Daughter to Chester & Jessica. Sort of unimportant at first, bland and boring.
Billy - Son to Chester & Jessica. His first few storylines are minor and uninteresting.
(more characters come, but to list them now would cause spoilers.)

The Campbells:
Mary - Can be frantic at times, but a loving mother and wife.
Burt - Married to Mary. Loving husband, but a weird guy. Has some psychological problems. . . .
Jodi - Son to Burt & Mary. A very sweet guy, he's also an unashamed homosexual
Danny - Son to Burt & Mary. Works for the Italian mob, tho he's not Italian. Refuses to believe Jodi is gay.
Chuck - Son to Burt, a talented ventriloquist. Thinks Bob is real, and sucks people into conversations with him.
Bob - Chuck's sarcastic, sardonic, sorta mean, ventriloquist's dummy from Hawaii.
(more characters come, but to list them now would cause spoilers.)

(Chuck and Bob)



lol this one line from Mary (talking to herself) makes me laugh:

"My gay son is in Alaska.
My straight son is in love with a hooker.
My stepson is bowling with a puppet."

X) I can think of a way to make that statement even more ridiculous, but that would also cause spoilers. Well, I'll put it up anyway. If you don't care, then read on. If you do care, skip to the end of the spoiler alert. ;)

SPOILER ALERT!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
"My gay son is in Alaska, looking for his daughter.
My straight son, the sheriff's deputy, is in love with a hooker.
My stepson is bowling with a puppet, to keep him from hitting on his girl."
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
END SPOILER ALERT!!

If you've ever watched an episode of Victorious, you'll know what I'm talking about when I say that Chuck and Bob are like Robby and Rex, except where Rex's voice is deep, Bob's voice is high. :P ;)

Weeelllll, that about does it for this blogging idea. :D b4 I go, maybe I'll just quick insert an idea that isn't big enough to warrant it's own post:

A few days ago, when I was walking home, I heard a bird chirp, and it sounded exactly like someone snapping their fingers! :O but maybe it just had something caught in it's throat. idk.

3 comments:

  1. Chirp Chirp

    You know what that made me think of...

    Meep. Meep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. meeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! My mission...which I chose to accept...was to continue to visit as many A to Z Challenge participants as I could even after the challenge is over because I didn't want to miss out on any great bloggers out there! Lovely blog...good luck with the rest of the year and I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    Donna L Martin
    www.donasdays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...