Friday, April 27, 2012

W is for...

THE WEEPIES!!!

I actually remember finding their C.D. "Be My Thrill" in my kitchen after one of my sister's friends dumped a bunch of her crap...er unwanted possessions on her. I figured this was one of those items (see they weren't all crap), so I listened to it. Surprisingly, I liked every single song on the C.D. And that my friend does not happen often, so when it does it usually jumps up pretty high on my list.

Anyways, The Weepies are a folk group, but not folk as in "She'll be coming around the mountain when she comes" folk. More modern alt folk, or as wikipedia puts it indie-pop folk. They're a married duo and this is what the wife has to say about the name (I'm sure it gave you a pause as it did me)

" ...came about from a few different sources, but one was, you know, those sort of old movies that were called weepies, where you could basically be guaranteed that if you needed a good cry, you could go and see one of these and bring your hanky and have a good time. And we want to be able to provide that for people. We want to make music that touches them and moves them in that way, the place where tears come from, for joy and for sorrow."

I was going to post a video of them preforming live, but youtube isn't working. So you'll have to settle for a picture instead.

P.S. I just finished watching season 2 of Downton Abbey. IT'S AMAZING!!! Any other fans out there?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yes. The wheepies. Those movies that made us cry. Loved them and dabbed my eyes right through.

    http://francene-wordstitcher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...