Monday, April 23, 2012

S is for...

THE SHERMAN BROTHERS!!!

In case you don't know who they are, they are the people who wrote Mary Poppins music. I didn't know that untill I put the soundtrack into my itunes and there names popped up. So now you are enlightened. Mary Poppins is one of those movies that I really love, but for some reason I associate a melancholic feeling with it. The good Nicholas-Sparks-tear-jerking feeling though. I don't know why, because it really isn't that sad.

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never trrrrrrrrrrry!

Ahem.
My Grandma actually went to see Mary Poppins on stage for her Christmas gift and I was soooooooo envious. I seriously considered stowing away, or doing something otherwise nefarious so I could come along.

It's funny actually, the other day I was asking my mom and sister what their favourite "classic" movie was (mine is Little Women fyi) and without hesitation my mom was like Mary Poppins. I actually don't know why that's funny, but it popped into my head.

I was considering including a list of movies that I think everyone should watch with this post, but I'm a lazy butt, and I have a math test tomorrow that sorely needs tended to. So after much deliberation, I chose to include my favourite song from the movie "Feed the Birds". This version even has subtitles in case you have the urge to sing along, tehe.



Sincerely,
Jane and Michael Banks
*ting*

(haha, I really wanted to put that in)

P.S. Be sure to vote in the pole for your favourite MP song!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...