Monday, April 16, 2012

M is for...

MUMFORD AND SONS!!!

This is one of those bands where I don't like to talk about who set me onto them, because whenever the topic comes I tend to bash his taste in music. That being said, the first time I seriously listened to these guys was when they did a live youtube concert for Coachella and I watched it b/c I wanted to see why he liked them. I couldn't even tell you the songs that were played b/c I spent the whole time listening for the only one I knew, "Awake my Soul". I couldn't appreciate them because he liked them and my pride (and my big mouth) didn't allow our tastes to overlap, tehe.

Long story short, someone showed me one of those podcast-that's-actually-a-song-which-equals-free! things and one of their songs was in the list. I started to listen to them a little more and then one time when I was trying to write I was like "Hmm, I need something with heart...Mumford and Sons!" Cue the library, I got the C.D. and have been listening to it since.

So yeah, they're British so sometimes they use peppery language but they're still awesome! This is one of my favourite songs by them, "Winter Winds" If you don't like them at first, let them grow on you. Some of my other favourites are "White Blank Page", "The Cave" and "Dust Bowl Dance".

Enjoy! And let me know if you have any other "m" artists that need to be acknowledged!


2 comments:

  1. ummmm MICHAEL BUBLE, DUH!!!!!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I thought of him, but then I was like "Nah..."

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...