Tuesday, April 10, 2012

H is for....

HIGH - NO, HANS Z - NO, HIGH KINGS!!!

I had a little indecisiveness for today. It was between the High Kings and Hans Zimmer. Both are really excellent artists, but I ended up doing the High Kings! BECAUSE THEY'RE AWESOME, HA! So the High Kings. I know Kote's probably getting really giddy at the mention of the HKs. The HKs are me and Kotes absolute FAVOURITE folk artist (and possibly favourite artist of all time). They are Irish and one of them, Finbarr (isn't that a lovely Irish name?) is the son of a guy from the every popular Clancy Brothers. Anyways, I was going to go into all their history but I'm a lazy butt so here's a link if you're particularly interested. My favourite songs are the ones that tell a story. The ones where you can picture the little red headed girl charming the hopeless Irish boys (Stereotype much, I know), but I just love them!

I was going to post "Step it Out Mary" telling a Romeo and Juliet-esque story of two lovers (my favourite, but I already posted it in this post) So I choose, wait for it...

THE PARTING GLASS!!!! Haha, Kotes actually has the DVD this is from!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...