Saturday, April 7, 2012

F is for...

FRANK SINATRA!!!

This was a hard one. I contemplated using Five for Fighting, Feist, Ferb, A Fine Frenzy, Florence and the Machine, AND The Fray, but once I saw Frank in my itunes list under "f" I just HAD to use him. He's old school in the best way possible. Speaking of old school, a new trendy look I'm seeing everywhere is vintage. I have to say, I like vintage stuff, but there is a fine line between vintage:

And just plain ugly:

So here's the moral of the story, just because something is "vintage" doesn't mean it should be worn. It's not "mainstream" fashion anymore for a reason people!

So now that that rant is out of the way, here's my favourite Frank Sinatra song, Learning the Blues.



P.S. I know it's not actually his song, but I don't care! So there.

6 comments:

  1. Clothes from the 70's were just plain awful. I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woooooow. good luck. . . ! :O ;D

      Delete
  2. I'm sadly not much of a Frank Sinatra fan but I love a lot of the other artists you considered, especially Florence and the Machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florence and the Machine are good, but sometimes I'm just like "Okay....?" when I listen to their stuff.

      Delete
  3. Frank Sinatra certainly has a silky voice. It's no wonder he was a hearthrob in his heyday.
    Great A-Z post!
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And yes, I just love the way he seems to slip through a song:)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...