Thursday, December 29, 2011

Petticoat Junction

So, did you all have a good Christmas? Are you enjoying your break? good. :D lol I was puttering around on the computer, wondering what to do, when my eyes fell on a dvd case, marked "The official first season of (you guessed it) Petticoat Junction". Its a cute, funny show (I got it for Christmas!) made in the 60's, about a small hotel halfway between two tiny towns named Hooterville and Pixley, towns 20 years behind the times. The main characters are Kate Bradely, the proprieter of the Shady Rest Hotel, her three daughters, Billie Jo, Bobbie Jo, and Betty Jo (you heard me.), lazy Uncle Joe, and Floyd Smoot and Charley (something), the conductor and engineer for the tiny, old-fashioned train, the Hooterville Cannonball. It's a sweet little show, very enjoyable. X)

Another dvd I got for Christmas was the complete collection of Sherlock Holmes movies starring Basil Rathbone, an old actor I believe I've mentioned before. here he is! :D






and here he is with doctor Watson (and some random chick they're helping);

lol. ;) the dr. Watson in these movies is the steriotypical not-so-bright kind. Unlike in the Sherlock Holmes movies starring Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. In those ones, Dr. Watson is MUCH more competent and intelligent. and witty. X) <3 I love those movies. in fact, me, my brother, and Sunny just got back from seeing Sherlock Holmes 2, A Game of Shadows. at least, i think that was the undertitle. THOSE MOVIES ARE EPIC!!!! they pull a lot of stuff from the original books, so it's interesting for me, who has read them, to notice all the little similarities. ;D


but I digress. ;)




actually, i can't remember what i wanted to talk about, so I'll just say this:




MERLIN IS AWESOME!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3





and oh, my, (the tiniest bit of a spoiler alert):
.
..
...
..
.
doesn't Morganna look like an addict?




no? well. . . . HATH DEMONS CONTAMINATED THY MIND?!?!?!?!?!? XD

7 comments:

  1. lol:P! did you watch season finale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Destiny J. Diddlesworth01 January, 2012

    haha, epic post there! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watson looks like Brackinreid from Murdoch Mysteries in that one pic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know who that is. -.- ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Basil was a classic Holmes! Pity that he was paired up with a very bumbling version of Watson.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!! HE IS MY FAVE!!! :D lol I think a bumbling Watson adds an element of humor to the movies, tho. ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...