Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Colorful Cake and Tappity Tap

I JUST HAD SOME CAKE!! It was delicious! It was the cake mom made me for my birthday. :D






LOOK AT IT!! Doesn't it look scrumptious?!?!? B/c it is. And colorful! :D and just in case you weren't sure;

BAM!! there it is with candles!!! In your face. X)

On another, equally exciting note, I'M GONNA TAKE TAP DANCING!!! I've always loved tap dancing. Maybe because I've been seeing it in movies I've been watching since I was little. Such as movies with Gene Kelly. . . .

(Yes. He is dancing with a mouse. A cartoon mouse. Jerry, from Tom and Jerry, to be precise.)





(There he is in "singing in the rain.")





(And yes, for those of you who are scratching their heads, that is Frank Sinatra dancing with Gene, there. And no, he did not enjoy dancing.)


. . . . .and even Abbot and Costello.





Here's Abbot without the mustache.
There's no pictures of them dancing, b/c. . . . they don't dance. They're a comedy duo. An old one, as you can tell from the black and white. A weird thing for a kid to watch, yes, but that's what happens when your parents are great fans of the oldies. And you know what happens then? Then YOU become a great fan of the oldies. I happened to me! ;D Anyhow, even tho they don't dance, other people dance in their movies. That's the first time I ever saw tap dancing, was in an Abbot and Costello movie.


More recently however, my love of tap was reinforced when I saw the Lord of the Dance, which, depening on how long you've been (secretly) following this blog, you may have heard me SPAZ about before. I'm not going to post pictures, because I'm lazy. . . . . . . . . . Actually, yes I will!


These are not pictures from the original Lord of the Dance, but w/e. They're still directed and produced by the same guy (Michael Flately, who created, choreographed, produced, directed, AND starred in the LOTD), doing the same steps with the same storyline. The only thing that's changed is the dancers (Like Michael, who no longe stars in it, b/c he is just a little too old to do all those fast-paced, fancy moves under those hot lights for two hours).



EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! I get a crazy fangirl moment whenever I think of it! :D or a freaky fangirl moment. or both! I get a totaly insane, berserk fangirl moment that is really scary to watch, and even scarier to endure, I'm sure. But I DON'T CARE!! B/C LOTD is EPIC no matter what anyone says. :D :D :D XD XD XD <3 <3 <3 !!!!!


Ok, that's my rant finished. *phew!* I'm going to go calm down b4 I explode. Maybe I'll play with Barbies! :D or not. . . . . Hmmm......... ;)

8 comments:

  1. lol:P I remember your commentary on LOTD when we watched it!

    When does tap start?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Monday night at 8, I believe. :D <3 EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! can't wait!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Destiny Diddlesworth07 September, 2011

    I really want cake.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, for a second i looked at the second pic of abott and costello and thought it was dessy's dad in the back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Destiny Diddlesworth07 September, 2011

    ...that doesn't look ANYTHING like him! XD but maybe at first glance...?! I don't see it though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Dessy, we know he does not look particularily like your dad. But Sunny did say "for a second," indicating that it was a quick glance, and we all know how those can be. X) ah, if you DON'T know how those can be, let me enlighten you. We can take something completely normal and innocent, and in that glance, make it something crazy and random. Not on purpose, of course. Our minds and eyes play tricks on us. :) *inhales deeply* *exhales rapidly* there. that's it for my explanation. :P ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and Sunny? I saw it, too. X)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...