Friday, July 22, 2011

Why you shouldn't watch the Titanic...

So I just finished watching this "epic love story".
Needless to say,
I JUST WASTED LIKE THE WHOLE EVENING/AFTERNOON!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I really don't have a huge beef with Titanic (other than a few sketchy scenes in the middle, and the salty language at times). It's just that it's so LOOOOONG!
Shamefully, I found myself thinking "Just sink already!"

It was partially my fault for deciding to watch it while I had a post waiting to be written on A Splash of Ink, and partially (mostly) it's the stupid video site I watched it on. It turned a three hour (give or take a few minutes) into at least four hours. It took forever to load, so every five minutes I'd stop it and let it load up, and go read some random blog or some such.

Overall, now that I've finished it, it was a pretty good movie. The ending made it I think, and now that I'm thinking about it I can't really think what should have been cut. It just seemed long. Oh, and not to mention some of the soap opera-y lines. Example:

Main girl's ex-fiance: Where are you going? To him? To be a wh--e (see I told you, some questionable language) to a gutter rat?
Main girl: I'd rather be his wh--e, than your wife!

Main guy leads the girl up to the front of the boat for the classic scene where she stands at the railing and he's behind her.
Main girl: I trust you.
Main guy: Alright, open your eyes.
Main girl: [gasp] I'm flying, Jack!

You get the picture.

All that being said, no, it wasn't really a waste of my evening/afternoon, it was just extremely bad timing, and a bad video hosting site. I figured I'd better watch it, it is after all one of the most expensive movies ever made, and not mention a "classic". It had some touching scenes, and redeeming moments. However, I won't recommend, or recommend against it (does that make sense?!). I'm neutral about this movie regardless of what the title implied:P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...