Monday, May 23, 2011

Shows of Note

ECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO

ha ha! that was fun. :) Anyway. What to write about.......I had a great idea for a blog post yesterday, but I didn't write it down, and suprise, suprise, I can't remember what I was. *sigh*

Hmm. Well, at my house, we (being, my family and I) looooove shows and movies (and games), as anyone I know could tell you. So, I will give you a list of some shows we've watched, and a brief overview on them.

The Big Bang Theory
We just started watching this one, and I'm sure most of you know about it already, but basically it's about two young genius scientists named Sheldon and Leonard, their friends Howard and Raj, and the neighbor girl Penny. It's funny, but a tad crude.

The Mentalist
Patrick Jane, a consultant with the California Bureau of Investigation, uses his observational skills, dry humor and childish personality to solve crimes, all the while searching for Red John, a serial killer who murdered Patrick's wife and daughter.

Merlin
Yes, I've mentioned this one before. A young man (Merlin) comes to Camelot, and through a series of events, becomes Prince Arthur's manservant. Gaius, the old man who took Merlin in, helps Merlin learn how to control his magic. But these are dangerous times, for King Uther has outlawed magic, under pain of death. Exciting, humorous, and filled with loveable characters, Merlin is definitely one of my favorites!

Monk
Adrian Monk, a.k.a., the "defective detective," is a former police officer, kicked off the force because of his...peculiar tendancies. Obsessive compulsive, a germaphobe, afraid of 312 things, including milk. How, you ask, does a person sink so low into a prison of their own making? Well, although those tendancies were there before, they were slight, but they multiplied tenfold after his beloved wife Trudy was murdered. Still, he helps the police solve crimes in his own strange way, hoping to rejoin the force, and maybe one day, find Trudy's killer.

Psych
I'm pretty sure I've talked about this one before, too. Shawn Spencer is a partying, devil-may-care, fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants jobless layabout, earning money by calling in tips to the police and helping them catch criminals, after doing nothing more than watching the news. But the police think there must be something more to it, and are about to arrest him as an accomplice. So Shawn does the only thing he can think of; he pretends to be psychic. Armed with a quirky sense of humor, great hair and his best friend Gus, Shawn jokes his way through crime after crime, much to the annoyance of a certain detective.

Paladin
This is an old one (like, black-and-white, old). From his posh hotel room in San Fransisco, a rich, polished, edjucated man known only as Paladin pours over the newspapers (in between poker and the opera, of course), searching for someone in need of his abilities. Then, he rides out. Dressed in black from head to toe, he offers his services to whatever poor slob needs them. They ask, "Who are you? What do you do?" and he hands them his card, which reads; "Have gun, will travel. Wire Paladin, San Fransisco." Faster draw, better fighter, and smarter than any other man in the West, Paladin beats all (not to mention, leaves a string of broken hearts behind him. Not through any fault of his own, of course).

Robin Hood
Sunny showed me this one. But come on! Don't tell me you don't know the story of Robin Hood? Goodness.

Sherlock
Though set in modern-day London, Sherlock is still the same egotistical, know-it-all, "high-functioning sociopath" we all know and love. Only now, he texts!

The Twilight Zone
This is also a very old show. Created by Rod Serling, each episode of the Twilight Zone is a different story that twists your imagination and leaves you wide-eyed.

Ok then. I'm done now. But wasn't that much more interesting than me going on and on about my lack of ideas? ;)

4 comments:

  1. lol:P You have a knack for describing shows!

    The Big Bang Theory, yes I know of that. It's on in the Smith household quite often.

    P.S. Did you see merlin season 4 trailer?!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! OMGOODNESS I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Destiny Diddlesworth24 May, 2011

    Big Bang Theory is on a loooot in the Diddlesworth household too...I'd say it's more than a tad crude, if I do say so myself. I personally don't like the show, though I haven't given it much of a chance. $;
    but on a more Destiny-type note:
    I HEART PSYCH! <--I had quite a time spelling that! ;P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...