Friday, April 15, 2011

Lord of the Dance

Ok, since I'm rudely posting my...post...before anyone's had a chance to see Sunny's, I'll say this; Read Sunny's first! and comment! It's the one titled "Romeo, oh Romeo." Alright, now that I've done that, I will start my rant.

Me and my dad just finished watching Lord of the Dance.
And let me just say this; IT IS SO FREAKIN' AWESOME I THINK I'M GONNA DIE!!!!! The costumes, the lights, the music, the storyline (sometimes hard to follow, as there is no talking, but still), and, of course, the epic, incredible, fantastic, blow-your-mind, drive-you-wild dance numbers!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Here's some info I copied off a site about the storyline of LOTD.

-The show is basically about the fight of Good vs Evil. The main characters of the good guys are The Lord of the Dance, Saoirse (The Irish Collen) [pronounced: Seer-sha] and The Little Spirit. Fighting for the bad guys are Don Dorcha (The Dark Lord) and Morrighan (The Temptress). Of course every party has its own "army", "The Warriors" (evil) and "The Warlords" (good). There are also two fantastic fiddlers and a beautiful singer (Erin the Goddess). I don´t think I´d reveal too much if I told you that the good guys win.

and, from Wikipedia...

-The story follows the character "Lord of the Dance" and his fight against the evil dark lord "Don Dorcha" from taking over Planet Ireland. The "Lord of the Dance" defeats the dark lord's invasion with help from a little spirit. There is also a story with a "love vs lust" theme expressed through dance throughout the show. "Saoirse, the Irish CailĂ­n" fights for the love of the "Lord of the Dance" against the wicked "Morrighan, the Temptress".

Micheal Flatley, the creater and choreographer for Lord of the Dance, was also originally the star of the show (a.k.a., the Lord of the Dance), but now that he's like, 50-something, he can't really keep up with the fast-paced, high-energy dancing anymore. But, he still directs the show, teaching others to be (almost) as awesome as him. Mom even saw it live a few weeks ago! :D

The whole show is amazing, from the "training" of "troops", to the disco-hoedown, to the final dance-off!



Bottom line? It was way. too. EPIC!! XD

p.s. I have no idea who that guy is in the second picture. It's not Michael Flatley, that's for sure. It's probably one of the guys he got to replace him when he got just a little too old to be doing high-energy dances under hot stage lights for hours. X) Anyway, I just thought the pic looked really cool. X)

4 comments:

  1. Destiny Diddlesworth15 April, 2011

    Oh Kota...I love you<3 you and your little spazzes! XD <3 <3 <3

    btw, it sounds cool! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! hehehehehehehe!! yezzzzzz, i'm a spazzzz....... HEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEE!!!!!!!!! I feel really GIDDY and EXCITED!! :D bahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOW I WANNA WATCH IT!!!:D:D:D btw, planet ireland, lol:P!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @sunny; YES!! YOU TOTALLY SHOULD!! IT IS SOO EPIC!! I watched the original, btw. It's better. :D there's also what you might call an extended version, with more dancers and more dances. It's called Feet of Flames, but I think I like the Lord of the Dance better. :) oh, and the reason I say the original is better than what they're doing now (actually, idk if they even filmed the current show) is b/c Micheal has that cocky, arrogant, I-love-the-spotlight, look-at-me stage attitude that makes everything more interesting. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...