Sunday, June 13, 2010

hey there

Hi. As stated in a much earlier blog post, I am normally loathe to make two long blog posts in a row. But right now, I REALLY WANT TO BLOG!! so here goes. :D

Hmmmm........what to write..........! I know! I'll continue on the subject of the young Sherlock Holmes and how much he bugs me.
THE YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES REALLY BUGS ME!!!!! yes! and do you know why??? It's because he is SO MEAN to his first and only friend. Well, not ONLY, he does get Watson years and years later, and he also has this old apothacary who he lives with and is apprenticed to. But still. I understand where he's coming from, how he doesn't want her to get hurt (because she almost got killed helping him on his first case), but instead of telling her that, nicely and kindly and gently, he just flat-out shuns her! He's convinced (and partly right, but only partly) that he has to be a completely cold, unemotional, reasoning machine to battle crime. Here are two prime examples:

-As she stepped out the door, he saw her shoulders sag. She turns back to him. "Can't we be friends, Sherlock?"
He steels himself and answers her with a cold, unemotional face.
The door slams shut.

-"If you told that snake anything, then you told him too much. I kept you a distance to protect you, Irene, but now you...."
"I...what? Say it, Sherlock, even if it is an awful thing, say it. Say something with some passion in it to me. You have become so cold."
He had lost his temper and was going to say that she had turned into his enemy. But now he looks into those beautiful brown eyes and can't do it. It isn't true. He turns away so he won't see her when he tells her what he has to say...this final time. It isn't a moment for bitterness, just time to be brave, for the bare truth. His life cannot be like anyone else's. He remembers holding his dead mother in his arms.
"There will never be another time when I will need you in any way. I work alone."
A cloud passes over her face. Deep pain and resentment wells up inside her.
"You will regret this, Sherlock Holmes!" she hisses, in a voice unlike her own.

Sad, right? RAWRGH!!!!!! HE MAKES ME SO MAD!!!!! GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh. anyway, yeah. thus endeth the rant.

4 comments:

  1. well since I told you that all the cool kids blog... you did it
    good job kote

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey kota, I just read that part in the book a couple days ago! Arg I really respect the author of the books. Do you know how hard it is to make your character do stupid things and hurt other characters?!:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, because i try NOT to do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But you have too! to have a good story!than you can make them better when they come out of it!:P:D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...